Thursday 23 April 2015

A short introduction

So, yeah, I play games, read about games, and think a lot about games. Then why not write about games as well? The focus of this blog will be RPGs and foremostly D&D. Also, English is not my first language, and the blog will be a welcome exercise.

I live in the Netherlands and will have a different background and view on pop culture, games, and influences than most of the other D&D related blogs. I hope this will lead to interesting insights.

As for my personal RPG history: my first encounter with RPGs was in 1985 through a high school friend. He just had received the box 'Het oog des meesters' for his birthday (published in english under the name 'The dark eye', if I am correct). I was instantaneously hooked and bought the very next day the same box and the expansion from my pocket money and never ever regretted it. In 1990 AD&D (2e) came into view and particularly that game was played a lot.

Since 2010 or so, I encountered the OSR which had a big influence on my games, views, and insights. And also my interest in older versions of D&D and its influences. Currently I DM a 2e campaign and play in a Pathfinder campaign.

All of the above will undoubtedly be explored more in depth in future posts.

Welcome, and may your gear never hamper you in your explorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment